Friday, February 09, 2007

Burgundy shoes

I'm in love with the new Patty Griffin CD! My favorite right now is a song about her reminiscing about a day when she was a little girl called Burgundy Shoes...brings back memories.

We wait for the bus that's going to Bangor
In my plaid dress and burgundy shoes
In your red lipstick and lilac kercheif
You're the most pretty lady in the world

The leaves are green and new like a baby
Tulips are red, now I don't miss the snow
It's the first day I don't wear my big boots
You hold my hand, I've got burgundy shoes
Burgundy shoes, burgundy shoes


Well I did have plaid Toughskins and didn't ride the bus, but I remember my momma putting lipstick on all the time. I would also STAND next to her shoulder while she was driving, back when people didn't where their seatbelts. Mom used to go to the beautyshop once a week to get her hair done. I loved that she used to let me play with her makeup because I didn't make a mess. I also used to have one of those blonde head dolls to practice doing hair and makeup--Do you remember what I'm talking about? That's how I learned how to braid hair.

No comments: