Saturday, December 30, 2006

Wedding card



I'm done with the outside, but need to finish the inside. I'm so scared I'm going to mess up the inside that I think I'll put an insert in for a layered effect. The picture is a wedding picture of MY great-grandpa and great-grandma from 1899, so it will be Nathan's great-great-grandparents. After awhile of fiddling on the computer getting the picture purple, I printed it out and played with embossing powder and distress inks and ribbons for the rest of it. The color turned out funky on the scanner, but you get the idea, right?

4 comments:

Darla said...

this is beautiful... what are you going to do with it??

Kim from Kansas said...

Oh, it's a wedding card for my nephew who's getting married on Saturday in Fargo. I like making cards, but think I need to make up my own design so end up spending an hour on one card.

Darla said...

oh, kim... that is SO wonderful and thoughtful.... i love this idea. your nephew is going to be blown away, i'm sure. what a special gift.... you are awesome...

Anonymous said...

That card was so beautiful and even the envelope was a keepsake. jackie, not the oldest sister