Saturday, December 16, 2006

I can feel the love

I'm thankful for those I'm about to mention--

Yesterday after work I got to spend some quality time with my friend/neighbor Melanie who I'm so thankful for. My husband said that his mom and Debbie called to check up on me while I was gone.

When I got home, my oldest sister called. When we were about to end the phone call, I told her "thanks for being my big sister". Well then she said "thanks for being my miracle sister". (My mom had melanoma before I was conceived and some doctors said they should abort me). Miracle sister, how cool!

When I got off the phone, Debbie and David brought over a poinsetta for us! In their Christmas card they said "how lucky we feel to have such terrific neighbors". Wow! We've asked them to watch our dog when we've been gone and David always helps out when my husband has ungodly heavy things to carry into the house like a gun safe, etc.

Yes, I'm feeling that somehow all this goodness should be reciprocated, but I am trying to just accept it and absorb it all in! Just like God's love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim--
What a wonderful story about being a miracle sister...
"For you did knit me together--even before I was born...My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret and intricately and curiously wrought (as if embroidered with various colors) in the region of darkness and mystery...how precious are Your thoughts to me, O God! If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand..."
Let this Psalm (139) remind you of how much God loves you today. JulieT