Monday, June 04, 2007


Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34

I have things on my mind that I would like to blog about, but will have to get to them later. I've been trying to relearn, remember, digest enjoying the here and now and not "waiting for things to be over" or worrying about what might happen in the future.

I'm forcing myself to look up some verses in The Message Version of the Bible. I think one of the reasons I like the NKJV is because I can distance myself from it more. I used to use the excuse of it being the most untranslated form that is most like the original version that I can grasp.

...It seems like "Do not worry about tomorrow" is much easier than "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now".

3 comments:

CRASH-CANDY said...

Kim, I love your honesty in this entry and I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts

mdwinn said...

i really like this. the trouble for me is that in order for me to even remotely notice what God might be up to i have to stop and "smell the roses" which is very difficult.

Or to the other extreme, i sometimes think He is doing all kinds of things which takes me on a wild goose chase.

one of the e-votionals i get, today it emphasises the prayer of the "shema" which means "listen." so today among all days i should listen.

Melanie-Pearl said...

i agree. the reason you cite for liking the NKJV is pretty interesting. i wonder if that isn't the case for lots of Christians/scripture readers.

nice, original thoughts here.

you are a gem!