Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The science of pottery













One of my pottery instructors made a fountain and in class on Saturday described how he made it. He is not satisfied with it because it splashes. A couple other students who are engineers by trade were discussing with him the physics of water, etc., and how to correct the splashing problem. He said we could all try to make one as a class project. I politely took notes, and when he was done I mentioned that I might try this in a few years and will now get back to my mugs which are challenging enough for now.

2 comments:

CRASH-CANDY said...

Kim, you are so cute! When I first saw the picture I thought "Holy Crap!"
I believe in you though! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

could you make a fountain big enough to swim in?
i don't care if it spashes.