Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bowls and vase






There's only one way to grow while making art: take risks and allow yourself to make a lot of bad work, then look at it. I consider what is working well, what missed the mark or confused the reading, what needs to be adjusted on the next one.

--Linda Arbuckle in The Penland Book of Ceramics


Brought these home awhile ago and didn't post them yet. The fall session is over where I throw, so that means the kilns won't be running regularly and probably won't bring anything home until after January.

p.s. Yes, that's a Smokey the Bear ruler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful - again!

Jenny said...

I don't know if I have ever posted to tell you that I really, really like your pottery! I especially like these, so I was reminded to tell you that I think your creations are beautiful!