Friday, October 20, 2006

Prayer request

Am praying for those with neurological problems today. During work, I got five reports in a row for the ALS clinic. Haven't gotten a report for that clinic since July, so it's funny I got five in a row...What a bummer disease!!! They have a life expectancy of two to five years after diagnosis. Imagine being asked about if you will want a feeding tube or to be put on a respirator when the time comes when you won't be able to swallow or breathe on your own!

I can tell I'm more empathetic when my hormones are fluctuating and reports bother me more. That's why I didn't volunteer to transcribe reports for the cancer center. Talk about depressing.

So please pray for those with neurological diseases and their caregivers and care providers today.

No comments: