Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy May Day and other things...



Thanks to my lovely neighbor friends who "May Day'd" me with the lovely flowers!









Here are some pictures from a couple of weeks ago from the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.


Finally got to walk the sculpture walk, and here is one of the "thinker" statues. Guess there are 20 of them around the world according to Wikipedia.






For some reason, the grounds and Nelson-Atkins Building remind me of the N.D. State Capitol. The steps face south with a big lawn,there is a revolving door with brass, the art-deco or romanesque architecture and stone steps...but instead of a statue of Sacagawea it's "The Thinker", instead of various tree specimens they have bronze bulbous sculptures along the walk, and instead of the garden of petunias spelling out North Dakota there are giant-sized shuttlecocks.

Now that reminds me, I think I need to go back again, as I missed the big pool of water that is shown in all the commercials. Where is that big pool of water?










p.s.Click here for some funny pictures.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

ohmigosh! we did! we totally missed the reflecting pool! it's around the back above the parking garage level.

i like it that you captured the lightbulb in my head: "hmmm...i wonder if i could fit in that big bronze coat...i wonder how heavy it would feel...."

yes, let's go back.