Sunday, January 04, 2009

Clay talk




Pottery classes will officially start this coming week and have been on break since November. I have gone in a few times to work on my own, but the place has closed early and there has been no regular firing going on.

The first piece is a communion set that is bisque-fired and needs to be glazed. The second is a plate that I forgot to post from November that was practice for the platter of the communion set. The ivy leaves are left over from a project that I have been unmotivated to finish. The plate is a little deep for a regular dinner plate, but the other aspects are fine. Am not too excited about the glazing and forget that when I do abstract-like drippy patterns I'm usually not satisfied with the result. I have a few things on the shelf ready to be fired and will show them when their done.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Your communion cup came out great. I can't wait to see it finished.