Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer theme song

I have been listening to Xavier Rudd a lot lately and am trying to make this my summer theme song. He plays a didgeridoo in other songs. What's not to love about that?


Here are some mugs and a pitcher that I brought home in the last month or two, made at my local clay hangouts. I still have a few more pieces to share from Jamaica.














I'm very excited to be getting ready for a wood-firing locally at the end of this month! I love the idea of not knowing where the ash will deposit or exactly how pots will look after firing and where they will be kissed by the flame...just giving them up to all the variable factors and accepting what comes out. Also have been trying to make my work more "fluid" or "organic" or "not-perfect" and playful. We'll see if you can tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Kim. I love all of your work.