Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Decisions in the digital photography world, etc.

Oh the advantages of living during the age of digital photography!!! I can take 100 pictures of something if my memory card will hold it! One of them might be good, maybe? Yes, I love this hobby! But there's one part to it I'm not enjoying so much--going through all those pictures and deciding which are "keepers" and which aren't...Could I maybe crop that or is it too light or too dark?

Which picture would you choose out of these first two?




The butterfly pictures are from almost a couple of weeks ago, my last crop of monarchs.







This vase-- which I'm not very fond of--was on the shelf all during break and I didn't even realize it was mine until now.















This is a second try at my footed bowls for last session. It pretty much reminds me of something Marvin the Martian would use because the feet look like they should be on a rocket. I like it! There will be one more similiar bowl coming out of the kiln this weekened.

4 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

i like the first one of the monarch. fo'sho.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mel, the first Monarch picture is the one.

I love that bowl too! The feet do look like rocket fins!

BTW- I am in Bangor, Maine. It is 0500 and we are waiting to get back on the plane for the rest of the flight to Ft. McCoy! Talk to you by cell tonight!

Love you,

Robert

Anonymous said...

I like the 1st photo. I like the vase
the glaze colors are really neat.
Jackie ND

Anonymous said...

isn't that funny. i looked and compared and decided i liked the second better. so, which one is the best? as far as i was concerned you just do good work.
love you
mom