Sunday, April 05, 2009

Recent creations

A few weeks ago, I made a few sprigs or stamps out of clay and made a couple of mugs using them. The first one is definitely my mug, and I'm not giving it away. Why? It has my name on it. That's the Chinese symbol for "Kim". A Korean lady in my pottery class showed me how to make it. The second symbol is something I revised from the book Ceramics from Islamic Lands from the library.












And this is a luminary with a large tealight.
















This is a photo from last summer that I revised in photoshop, making the background black and white. That's my husband's finger. Am still deciding if I like this look.











Click here if you're new to my blog and don't know about my "Butterfly Rescue Mission".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I tried clicking on the pictures and some of them blow up so big that I can't see the entire shot in my monitor. It is nice to be able to do that though.

The new cups are nice. I also like how the butterfly picture looks. If you did that with every shot, it might get boring really fast. As an artistic thing on occasion, I like it.

Love you hon,
Robert