Sunday, November 02, 2008

Song-inspired bowl and bottle vases

A few weeks ago, I woke up longing for the sun. We had a run of cloudy days, and I was feeling a little down mentally and spiritually. Then this song popped into my head..."Light of the world, shine on me. Love is the answer."





These bottle vases are my first attempt at using iron oxides to decorate. As iron oxides are toxic and gloves need to be worn when using them, guess I've been to chicken to use them before now.





BTW, those are supposed to be the Andes Mountains and llamas. You might be seeing a lot more llamas in the near future, as for some reason they make me happy.

What did I work on yesterday? A salt pig and one that turned out to be a salt kitty.

3 comments:

Jen in KS said...

I'm liking the llamas. They reminded me that I have a bag of llama fleece that needs to be cleaned, combed, spun and plied into yarn. On some things, I'm a detail person. Not for that, though.

I'm wondering if your salt kitty will go with my egg separator.

Anonymous said...

I love those Kim. Good work!

Hannita said...

Llamas are fun. =)