Thursday, February 14, 2008

More sgraffito!


I love saying the word "sgraffito" almost as much as I love the doing the technique. Again, it means "scratched" in Italian. My husband calls this my genie bottle. One of my instructors mentioned a veil when looking at this piece. I put more details about it on my flickr site if anyone is interested...what type of glaze, etc.


Last night I was back at pottery class and glazed at least 5 things. Will have to miss pottery on Saturday due to an important engagement ;o( so will also be missing all my friends there and my circular therapy.


I miss my favorite graphic artist and will bring her "500 Cups" book back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll have to say this word for me saturday so i can hear it. i'm sure my own pronunciation in my brain isn't quite right.
beautiful work of art once again.