Monday, August 21, 2006

Nicey-nice things

My mom is always astounded that I don't watch the news regularly. One reason is that not everything on the news is nicey-nice/happy-happy. I figure that if something really big happens, someone will ask me "Did you hear about such and such?" It also may be biased. I've also been teased that I only like nicey-nice movies also. I do watch non-fiction movies with violence, though.

To my defense, I'm more content in my own little world. I do realize that in order for me to make the world a better place I need to know what's going on and reach out to others which is sometimes a struggle. I sometimes love my own little hermit-like existence. But I guess that's not what I'm here for.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:8 NKJ

No comments: